Making the decision to move detection from your front door to your property perimeter isn't always cut and dry.
We're bringing key topics to you in the series Security Solutions: At The Perimeter
Topic 1: Perimeter Protection Considerations
There are many things to consider when evaluating your current or new perimeter detection strategy.
- Early warning detection and assessment
- Continuous line of detection
- Delaying intruder access
- Response force reaction time
- Threat analysis
- Risk assessment
- Single layer protection
- Dual layer protection
- Multi-layer protection
Tim Claus, Southwest Microwave's Eastern Regional Manager, presented these topics at the Perimeter Defense Strategies best practices seminar series:
Security Solutions: At The Perimeter SERIES TOPICS
- Topic 1: Perimeter Detection Considerations
- Topic 2: Intelligent System Characteristics
- Topic 3: CCTV Field of View Related to Zone Detection & Assessment
- Topic 4: Unique Fence Sensor Applications
- Topic 5: Buried Cable Installation and Applications
- Topic 6: Integration Options for Perimeter Detection
- Topic 7: Perimeter Detection: Design Considerations
- Topic 8: Total Cost of Ownership
Many end users have a Southwest Microwave INTREPID MicroPoint or MicroNet system in place. Since their end of life in 2010, Southwest Microwave estimates that replacement parts will be available for just another year.
The guide below will help you plan for the transition to a new MicroPoint II or MicroNet II system. The good news is that quite a few compnents, including your good-condition cable, from your old system can be used with the new system, thus reducing overall cost of a system upgrade.