We're bringing perimeter detection topics to you in the series Security Solutions: At The Perimeter
Topic 5: Buried Cable Installation and Applications
In this segment, Tim Claus and Jeff Drews of Southwest Microwave discuss basic principles of buried sensor cable installation as well as applications for buried detection systems.
Security Solutions: At The Perimeter SERIES TOPICS
- Topic 1: Perimeter Detection Considerations
- Topic 2: Intelligent System Characteristics
- Topic 3: CCTV Field of View Related to Zone Detection & Assessment
- Topic 4: Unique Fence Sensor Applications
- Topic 5: Buried Cable Installation and Applications
- Topic 6: Integration Options for Perimeter Detection
- Topic 7: Perimeter Detection: Design Considerations
- Topic 8: Total Cost of Ownership
Visit our Perimeter Detection web portal and download Site Survey: Perimeter Detection
FENCE DETECTION SYSTEM UPGRADE
Many end users have a Southwest Microwave INTREPID MicroPoint or MicroNet system in place. Since their end of life in 2010, Southwest Microwave estimates that replacement parts will be available until the middle of 2018.
The guide below will help you plan for the transition to a new MicroPoint II or MicroNet II system. The good news is that quite a few compnents, including your good-condition cable, from your old system can be used with the new system, thus reducing overall cost of a system upgrade.
Contact our team for Expert Security Advice