We're bringing key topics to you in the series Security Solutions: At The Perimeter
Topic 7: Perimeter Detection Design Considerations
In this segment, Tim Claus of Southwest Microwave outlines design considerations of an intelligent perimeter detection system.
- Access Considerations
- Authorized Access
- Unauthorized Access
- Site Security Level Considerations
- Detection Criteria
- Deployment Examples
Security Solutions: At The Perimeter SERIES TOPICS
- Topic 1: Perimeter Detection Considerations
- Topic 2: Intelligent System Characteristics
- Topic 3: CCTV Field of View Related to Zone Detection & Assessment
- Topic 4: Unique Fence Sensor Applications
- Topic 5: Buried Cable Installation and Applications
- Topic 6: Integration Options for Perimeter Detection
- Topic 7: Perimeter Detection: Design Considerations
- Topic 8: Total Cost of Ownership
Visit our Perimeter Detection web portal and download Site Survey: Perimeter Detection
Many end users have a Southwest Microwave INTREPID MicroPoint or MicroNet system in place. Since their end of life in 2010, Southwest Microwave estimates that replacement parts will be available for just another year.
The guide below will help you plan for the transition to a new MicroPoint II or MicroNet II system. The good news is that quite a few compnents, including your good-condition cable, from your old system can be used with the new system, thus reducing overall cost of a system upgrade.
Contact our team for Expert Security Advice