- Connecting remote buildings and structures
- Connecting to remote parking lots
- Alternative to trenching for fiber or copper cable
- Bandwidth limits and options
- Fresnel zone
- Open air
- Line of sight
- Signal reflection
- Frequency availability
- Proof of Concept demonstrations
Proof of Concept Demonstration
The idea of connecting a remote building to a primary building to deliver security camera streams is enticing. If you can navigate the physical requirements, the use of wireless Ethernet network systems can open new world of possibilities for security operations.
- Mission: replace legacy one-to-one analog wireless transmitters
- Reason: low resolution analog cameras are being replaced by high definition cameras
- Challenges: mounting locations, line of sight, foliage, bandwidth, scalability
Solution: Steve and Joe provided a proof of concept demonstration of the Comnet NetWave wireless Ethernet radio system to replace the multiple existing legacy Smartsight transmitters and receivers.
Bandwidth was ample for multiple high definition IP cameras to operate at full resolution in real-time 30 images per second. In the test below, two cameras were tested over the connection: 1080p and 4K UHD at 30 images per second.
The video below shows the resulting streaming capability across the Comnet NetWave wireless Ethernet connection. This shows two high definition Bosch security cameras, one 1080p and one 4K both at 30 images per second, streaming via ComNet NetWave wireless to a command center using Bosch Video Client software.
Related Equipment Links
Contact our team to schedule a demonstration