OpenDuplex® technology includes a powerful echo cancellation algorithm to improve speech quality, even in 16 kHz eHD Voice audio quality.
INTERCOM STATIONS SUPPORT THREE AUDIO MODES:
- OpenDuplex® operation: maintains open communication lines in both directions to allow for natural, fully hands-free conversations.
- Switched Duplex operation: detects and switches the communication direction automatically.
- Simplex operation (PTT = Push to Talk): allows for manual control of the communication direction; a button must be pressed before speaking.
Commend Intercom's OpenDuplex® speech control allows simultaneous talking and listening and provides top quality speech intelligibility.
- The conversation is permanently switched through in both directions, therefore both conversation partners can speak simultaneously.
- The OpenDuplex® mode allows an improvement in speech quality at high ambient noise levels.
- OpenDuplex® is carried out by Echo Cancelling in the station.
- Should not be confused with Full-Duplex which is similar but without echo cancelling and therefore only works correctly when one side is using a gooseneck microphone or headset.